Thursday, September 2, 2010

Starting a New Job

By : Vickey Hall

I have recently started a new job and have found it hard to settle in to new surroundings, causing me not to enjoy my job. This has got easier during the weeks as I have been able to get to know people better and also become more relaxed myself.

Everyone who starts a new job is worried they wont fit in or not enjoy it as much as they wanted to but it is definitely best to give it at least 2 months before making a definite decision about what is best for you.

I also found when starting a new job that the people that already work their take time to work you out and accept you into their work team. This is also hard as I am a shy person until I get to know someone and then I can become more relaxed and myself, but people make judgments on first impressions which is really hard when you are shy.

I have been able to come out my shell a bit more since starting and feel I am becoming more of the team and fitting into the daily routine of the running of the company in which I work.

When starting a new job it is always best to be yourself as much as possible and not try and be something more than you are as this will make it harder for you to fit in to a work place. There is a fine line that is hard to not cross when starting a new job as you do not want to be to shy making management not think you able to to your role or you do not want to be to confident as this could cause a bad judgment of yourself and making it also hard for you to become a team member.

Job Vacancy , Indonesia Job , Job Indonesia


Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment