Friday, September 3, 2010

Shocking Teacher's Salary That Will Blow Your Mind!

By : Ryan Monoski

It is tough to work for $3.90 an hour. I did it when I was in high school. Then I was making $10 an hour at 19 years of age. I thought this was enough that I didn't need college. Thankfully enough for me, I had parents that taught me differently. So off I went to be a teacher.

The one thing the college kept telling me is that you will never get rich being a teacher. I didn't care because it was the love of the job that kept my attention. But as I was teaching my classes, I realized that you can make a great living being a teacher. The question is, what do you consider a lot of money in terms of per hour pay? I always thought that $20 - $30 was a very comfortable wage.

Let's get down to what a regular teacher makes an hour and compare results. As a teacher, I make about $51,000 a year. I work a total of 190 workdays totaling 1330 hours per year. Doing some quick math, I see that this comes to $38.34 an hour. Much more than the $20 - $30 an hour I thought was a ton to work for. But I also get benefits that total over $10,000 a year. This pushes the per hour rate to $46.61 an hour. And all this is for an educator that is not last step yet on the school teacher salary scale. Not to shabby if I can say so myself.

Now you may ask why teachers always complain for more money. The problem is that $51,000 a year in a high cost city is just not enough to live off of. And if we worked a normal 2,000 hour year like other workers, we would earn roughly $77,000. So the question is, do you want money or to teach? I know my answer.

Job Vacancy , Indonesia Job , Job Indonesia

Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment