Thursday, September 2, 2010

How Much Money Do Registered Nurses Make Per Year?

By : J.Page

Nursing is an excellent career choice, and the demand for nurses is always high. Some of the popular benefits for nursing are: Excellent health benefits, flexible work hours, caring environment, and competitive pay. But how much can a registered nurse really expect to make? Does nursing pay well?

This is a legitimate question for anyone wanting to pursue a career in nursing. I have always wanted to be a nurse, simply because I really enjoy taking care of people. However, I was curious to find out how much money I might earn by working as an RN. After I enrolled in nursing school, I was always asking my clinical teachers how much I could expect. The answer surprised me. So how much can an RN expect to make?

According to the labor statistic and research data, the average salary of a registered nurse in the United States is $63,750. That is a fairly good income when you consider that the IRS data shows that the average income per household is only around $35,000. So there is no doubt that you can earn a very competitive salary working as a nurse.

However, this average salary figure can vary greatly. Some nurses may earn far more, or even several thousand less than this. This is because the costs of living in large cities are dramatically increased. Therefore, large cities tend to pay a larger salary to cover the costs of living. In contrast, smaller or less populated cities or towns may pay much less due to the very low costs of living.

Job Vacancy , Indonesia Job , Job Indonesia


Bookmark and Share


No comments:

Post a Comment